Environmental Laboratory Scientist – Your future position?
As an Environmental Laboratory Scientist based in Vernier, you will be responsible for physico-chemical and Environmental Fate testing to ensure compliance with regulatory and safety requirements in an accredited GLP structure. You will be part of the Product Safety Science Labs team and will report directly to the Product Safety Science Labs Manager.
In this exciting opportunity, your main responsibilities will be the following:
- Acting as an Environmental Testing Expert: you will be testing fragrance raw materials, such as natural or synthetic ingredients, and delivery systems to ensure compliance with global regulations and to support new product development. Using your proven technical capabilities, you will contribute in adapting and developing Standard Operations Protocols for current and future challenging regulations.
- Lab Process Champion: you will be acting as the lab contact for specific operational processes and projects. For those, you will be managing the planning, lab operations and external communication in agreement with management.
- Partner in solution with stakeholders: you will be involved in cross-functional projects in order to provide added-value via your testing expertise. Your understanding of the business context and impact will be driving our Environment Product Stewardship Testing Program.
Are you someone who wants to grow and shape your own world? Who thrives being in a culture where you can express yourself in a creative team environment? Who wants to collaborate and learn together with teams who are as passionate as you are? Then come and join the team - and impact your world.
Your professional profile includes:
- University / Bachelor’s Degree in scientific field – in Chemistry, Environmental Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, or related subject ;
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant industry / CRO experience working in an Environmental Testing Laboratory or relevant scientific area ;
- Experience as Study Director for Physico-chemical and Environmental studies under GLP accreditation is a must ;
- Significant, demonstrable, experience in Biodegradation Testing is a high priority for this position ;
- Clear practical experience in a wide range of relevant sample preparation, testing and data handling processes related to Biodegradation and related tests ;
- Proficiency in analytical techniques (e.g. GC-FID and GC-MS) ;
- Skilled in scientific data interpretation, reporting and presentation ;
- Sense of ownership, take initiative with autonomy and rigour ;
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills ;
- Very good written & spoken English and French.