Michael Bailey Associates are currently recruiting for a Big Data Engineer for a Leading Financial Client in Zurich, Switzerland.
Duration: until 31.12.2019
Main responsibilities will include:
The role of Big Data Engineer for this contract will primarily focus on data sourcing and data integration tasks.
- Collaborate closely with data scientists in the business teams to understand data and functional requirements.
- Design and build data pipelines to ingest, integrate, standardise, clean and publish data.
- Integrate analytical models developed by the data scientists into end-to-end data pipelines.
The skills required will be:
- Demonstrated work experience as a Data/Software Engineer using Big Data technologies.
- Understanding of data modelling and creating data structures on Hadoop.
- Experience with building data pipelines on Hadoop, ideally Cloudera distribution, using Spark, Scala, Python and similar languages.
- Very good knowledge of SQL, Impala and Hive databases.
- Software lifecycle experience, i.e. build, deployment, testing, release and maintenance.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.