As a SW Engineer, you will work on various innovation projects, with a focus on networking, IoT, data centers, cybersecurity, and Cloud. You will collaborate within a diverse team (internally as well as externally to Cisco), to develop new technologies:
- Contribute best-in-class programming skills to the development of highly innovative products
- Work closely with business units and customers to convert ideas into specifications and prototypes
- Create new technical architectures for innovative projects and customer facing proof of concepts
- Develop components end-to-end, from UI to backend
- Debug, test, and administration of development environments
Who You'll Work With
The Chief Technology & Architecture Office (CTAO) engineering team explores new business opportunities, technologies and architectures that make a meaningful difference for Cisco and the industry based on customer feedback, proof of concepts, and co-innovation with business owners & ecosystem partners. CTAO oversees architectural governance and drives company-wide alignment of innovation activities through partnerships, external engagements, and community building.
You will be part of the European Co-Innovation team in Switzerland, to incubate and develop new technologies, and bring them to market. The high impact projects are typically delivered in small groups that iterate rapidly while collaborating intensively with the various business units, customers and partners. Because of the wide diversity of projects, members of our team are continuously learning and growing their skills and knowledge.
Who You Are
- MSc degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 8+ year development experience in a variety of languages (C/C++, Python/R, Go)
- Experience with end to end development in Linux environments
- Diverse experience in multiple companies and verticals (start-ups considered a plus)
- Background in at least one of the following domains: IoT, networking, Cloud native/high availability platforms, ML/AI, cybersecurity
- Experience in Open Source development considered a plus
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Curious and a genuine desire for learning new technologies and developing new ideas
- Entrepreneurial drive with proven ability to achieve/stretch goals in a creative and dynamic environment with shifting priorities and objectives
- Excellent understanding of design and architectural patterns, and source code management
- Sound knowledge of continuous integration, continuous delivery, release management, test-driven development, lean development methodologies like Scrum/Kanban and DevOps
- Good knowledge in areas like containers, Linux, virtualization, Kubernetes, and OpenStack
- Experience with ML/DL frameworks like Tensorflow, Caffe, Torch, and big data platforms like Spark, and Hadoop
- Exposure to platforms and systems like SOLR/Elastic Search, relational and NoSQL databases, messaging platforms like Kafka, or based on standards like MQTT
- Exposure to IP networking protocols, including IPv6, IPv4, and routing protocols
- Fluent in written and spoken English
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco