Our client, one of the most innovative bio-pharmaceutical companies, is looking for a Data Scientist Proteomics for a permanent position based in the Basel area.
- Building suitable workflows to analyse data dependent and data independent proteomic experiments;
- Developing standardized workflows for proteomic data storage, management and retrieval;
- Evaluating high resolution proteomic mass spectrometry datasets to generate knowledge on pharmacological mechanism of action and biomarkers;
- Ensuring data analysis work is well documented and highly traceable;
- Integrating proteomic datasets with other data types;
- Reporting and present results to cross functional project teams including potential interpretations;
- Working with disease area partners and mass spectrometry lab to ensure optimum study design;
- Interacting with other statistical and data analysis functions
Qualifications and Experience:
- PhD in biochemistry, biotechnology, bioinformatics or appropriate related discipline;
- Analysing proteomic datasets with both data dependent and data independent strategies;
- Knowledge in analysis of omics datasets for pharmacological mechanisms and/or disease biomarkers;
- Strong background in computational analysis and experienced in using statistical packages such as R;
- Experience with communicating omics data to non-specialists;
- Hands-on experience with sample preparation for proteomics and operating high resolution mass spectrometers and nanoflow-LC preferable;
- Experience in one or more therapeutic areas (CNS, immunology, oncology and CV/fibrosis) advantageous;
- Proficient in the English, written and spoken. German and/or French would be an advantage.
- Relevant working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required.