Our client is a pioneer in Drug Discovery and Development. As the world`s largest R&D spender in the pharmaceutical domain, they work in a vast number of drugs & therapeutic areas and are highly recognized internationally. They are also a leader in the field of manufacturing and selling of several drugs for the treatment of Cancer.
They are currently looking for a Senior Data Scientist - Real World Data for a contract with high chances of extension, to be based in Basel. If you have 3+ years of experience in Developing Protocols or Designing Observational and Non-interventional Studies, within a pharmaceutical environment and you would like to step in a key role in which to drive real world data generation at a global level, this is the right opportunity for you.
As a Senior Data Scientist you will work with meaningful data to generate impactful evidence and insights on our molecules/medicines and patients, support R&D, advance scientific and medical knowledge, and enable personalized patient care and access.
- IDENTIFY EVIDENCE NEEDS & RECOMMEND DATA SOLUTIONS: Ask the right scientific questions, understand the evidence needs for research and development, regulatory and market access, and ideate and make recommendations on fit-for-purpose data and analytics solutions.
- DIVE INTO DATA: Develop a comprehensive and deep understanding of the data we work with using analytical tools and applications to broaden data accessibility and advance our proficiency/efficiency in understanding and using the data appropriately.
- BE AN EXPERT IN APPLYING METHODS: Stay current with and adopt emergent analytical methodologies, tools and applications to ensure fit-for-purpose and impactful approaches.
- PRODUCE HIGH QUALITY ANALYSES: Apply rigor in study design and analytical methods; plan for data processing; design a fit-for-purpose analysis plan, assess effective ways of presenting and delivering the results to maximize impact and interpretability; implement and/or oversee the study, including its reporting; ensure compliance with applicable pharma industry regulations and standards.
- INTERPRET AND SHARE RESULTS: Communicate findings to internal stakeholders, regulatory, health technology assessment (HTA) bodies and scientific communities; publish results.
Qualifications and Experience:
- MSc or PhD in epidemiology, pharmacoepidemiology or biostatistics/public health (with focus on epidemiology/observational research);
- Demonstrated track record of developing and executing epidemiological or outcome research projects, with publications and presentations;
- Demonstrated experience with managing project scope and driving delivery in an evolving environment requiring proactivity and effective problem-solving and prioritization when faced with challenges;
- Demonstrated strong collaboration skills and excellent communication skills;
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial mindset and self-direction, ability to teach others and willingness to learn new techniques;
- Proficiency in English, both written and verbal;
- Track record of effectively working in a matrix environment with global, international team members coming from scientific, business and operational backgrounds, using influence without authority;
- Relevant working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required.