MindMaze is the world’s leading Neurotechnology start-up built on more than a decade of pioneering research at the intersection of virtual reality and neuroscience. Our breakthrough platform combines virtual & augmented reality, neuroscience and artificial intelligence to build intuitive human machine interfaces. Our first products help patients suffering from severe disabilities following a neurological incident.
Join our eclectic mix of scientists, physicists, engineers and clinicians, and grow with MindMaze.
This role is your opportunity to build and deploy new AI products from the ground up.
You will work with/report to the Head of AI Initiatives to help build our AI development and production infrastructure and set our technical standards. To succeed you must become an expert in building AI models and putting them into production.
You will be required to deploy software into production by building maintainable, readable, modular solutions using modern software engineering best practices. Be ready to talk about your experiences doing code reviews, building interfaces, and deployment systems. You should have strong opinions about best software engineering practices.
- Support the Head of AI Initiatives to set up our AI development and production infrastructure.
- Support MindMaze product managers and business stakeholders understand the potential and limitations of AI when planning new products.
- Build data ingest and data transformation infrastructure.
- Identify transfer learning opportunities and new training datasets.
- Build AI models from scratch and help product managers and stakeholders understand results.
- Deploy AI models into production.
- Create APIs and help business customers put results of your AI models into operations.
- Keep current of latest AI research relevant to our business domain.
To support you, MindMaze will:
- Provide an international collaborative work environment
- Provide mentoring
- Allow flexible employment terms and conditions
Skills that we look out for are among
- BSc in a STEM (Sciences, Techno, Engineering, Math) subject ideally with Masters in a Computer Science related project with AI exposure
- Postgraduate degree in AI related topic
- At least 5 years hands-on programming /data science application experience working on enterprise products
- Demonstrated proficiency in multiple programming languages with a strong foundation in a statistical platform such as Python (preferred), R, SAS, or MatLab
- Experience building AI models in platforms such as Keras, TensorFlow (preferred), or Theano
- Demonstrated strong personal commitment to improve yourself and particularly in learning about AI through your own initiatives through courses, books, or side projects and working on compensating for potential gaps
- Ideally experience in Healthcare applications of this technology
- Ability to shift gears comfortably without having the total picture and to handle risk and uncertainty
- Ability to come up with a lot of new and unique ideas, making connections between existing models and best practices and adapt them to our environment
- Business acumen: Knowledge of how the business works, knowledgeable in current and future practices, trends and information affecting the business
- Strong team player : quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all. Ability to represent own interest and yet be fair to other groups
- Fluent written and spoken English and French level (level C1)
Icing on the cake
Be ready to show us models you have created and discuss them in great detail.
To be successful you can illustrate the fact that you have the following abilities:
- Working autonomously: setting tasks and direction under limited supervision
- Oral and written communication: ability to write clearly and succinctly in a
variety of communication settings and styles; ability to get messages
across that have the desired effect
- Self-Development: personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve
him/herself; works with a growth mindset
- Planning accurately: setting objectives and goals; breaking down work into the
process steps; anticipating and adjusting to problems and roadblocks