Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society – what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costs.
A customer-focused technical sales professional who leads the pre-sales effort by creating opportunities and partnering with the Account Manager to build a customer-centric sales value proposition. For the a few Enterprise customers, the remit is to establish a trusted relationship and strong understanding of the customer’s business, translating business needs into technical requirement and developing and presenting a technical vision, business case and physical solution specifically modelled for their customer.
The Solutions Consultant owns the technical customer relationship and leverages strong technical and interpersonal skills to lead technical discussions and apply advanced subject matter expertise, providing guidance on current market landscape and challenges, industry trends, and the Hitachi Vantara vision.
- Solution Design: Interview prospects to determine business and technical requirements and determine a technical fit.
- Custom Presentations: Create compelling customized presentations tailored to prospects’ use case and vertical.
- Custom Demonstrations and Proofs-of-Concept: Hands-on development using the Pentaho platform and related technologies.
- Product Expert: Conduct technical Q&A sessions and demonstrations around Hitachi Vantara product features, installation, configuration, and best practices.
- Lead Evaluations: Design and scope focused evaluation plans that uniquely position Hitachi Vantara, are tied to prospect requirements, and prove out business value.
- Teamwork: Collaborate with big data experts, data scientists, consultants in Hitachi Vantara to deliver advanced custom demonstrations, workshops, and POCs.
- Continual Learning: A passion for learning new technologies as needed. Creative troubleshooting of issues that require solutions or innovative work-a-rounds
- High Impact: Key stakeholder in collaboration with marketing, product management, engineering, and professional services across Hitachi Vantara.
- Analytics Experience: 3+ years of experience in designing, implementing and supporting big data projects (e.g. Hadoop, NoSQL, Spark).
- Sales Experience: 2+ years of presales experience supporting enterprise software sales cycles
- Technology: Advanced big data implementation and java architecture experience as well as understanding of data integration and data warehousing.
- Hands-on Hadoop experience
- ETL, data warehousing, data engineering, data integration
- Relational databases (e.g. Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, generic SQL, JDBC
- Java programming
- BI Tools (e.g. Tableau, Qlik, MicroStrategy)
- Security systems (e.g. LDAP, SSO, Kerberos)
- Advanced analytics (e.g. R, Scala, Python, Weka, SAS)
- Operating systems (e.g. Linux, Windows, shell scripting),
- strong communication skills, fluent in German and English (written & spoken),
- Education: B.A. or B.S. Degree from an accredited university (may substitute an Associate degree plus 4 additional years of experience).
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.