Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers’ experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture, and help drive our customers’ data to meaningful customer outcomes.
Enterprise Sales Representative, Data Analytics & IoT – DACH
This position is responsible for acquiring, expanding and managing large accounts. The territory represents companies with revenues greater than $5B in the DACH Region.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Prospect, develop and close new business while creating satisfied and referenceable customers.
- Drive complex, enterprise wide sales cycles and effectively present Hitachi Vantara’s value proposition to both C-level business and IT stakeholders.
- Manage an individual sales pipeline to ensure an appropriate mix of prospects, new business opportunities and firm proposals.
- Acquire and maintain a thorough working knowledge of the company’s software and services and a deep understanding of their applications.
- Work strategically with Inside Sales to develop a territory and target account plan to create a healthy pipeline that will yield overachievement in booking targets.
- Orchestrate and manage team selling efforts between Sales Engineering and Professional Services.• Ensure that all stages of the sales cycle are undertaken effectively to achieve the required results whilst adhering to Hitachi Vantara’s chosen sales methodology.
- Identify and manage risk in his/her business activities and take responsibility for reporting risks in a timely, open and appropriate manner.
- Forecast, manage and update pipeline activities using Hitachi Vantara’s CRM tool.
- Extensive experience of quota-carrying sales of business applications or software platforms into large enterprises.
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence, Data Preparation, ETL, Analytics and Enterprise Data Warehouses. Understanding of Big Data and IoT is preferred.
- Demonstrable track record of over-achievement of individual sales quotas.
- Extensive experience in prospecting, driving, and closing complex sales cycles.
- Proven track record of senior level stakeholder engagement on complex IT and Business led opportunities with referenceable client wins.
- Demonstrable knowledge of key Return on Investment and Total Cost of Ownership principles.
- Experience with sales methodologies such as MEDDIC, Challenger, Sandler.• Degree educated or equivalent.
Interacts with: Direct interactions with prospects and customers, plus coordination with Hitachi Vantara teams including Internal Sales, Sales Engineering and Professional Services.
Level of impact: The large enterprise is a critical market segment to Hitachi Vantara and will require strategic, enterprise selling, driving net new sales and expansion of our footprint across the territory.