Salary: £53,694- £87,253 a year
- Data Analysis and Design Lead in our Head office in Swindon
- Salary £53,694- £87,253 a year (dependent on current salary and banding) based on a permanent, 35 hours per week contract plus company car or cash allowance
We’re moving forward into the next chapter of our Society’s history with a refreshed strategy that allows us to leverage the benefits of mutuality and adapt to the ever-changing needs of our members. Data underpins this and all five of our cornerstones and is a great enabler towards achieving our ambition of building society, nationwide. We’re transforming the way we collect, look after and use member and business data, and that is why we’re creating new roles as an important step in strengthening the data competence we need to realise the opportunity that data presents for our members and colleagues.
The Data & Analytics community is responsible for transforming our data and analytics capability to enable our colleagues to better serve our members’ needs. Within the community, the Data and Analytics Solutions team is responsible for the design, engineering, test and deployment of our data platforms and solutions which are at the core of our strategic ambitions. We’re significantly expanding and strengthening our inhouse teams and working closely with key strategic partners to deliver our strategic ambitions.
An exciting opportunity has now arisen to join the growing Data Solutions team as the Data Analysis and Design Lead. You’ll be joining us at an exciting time and will have a huge opportunity to help shape our community as we expand our operations and deliver our strategy.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement, you’ll :
- Be typically educated to degree level with significant proven experience in leading data analysis and design teams in a reporting and analytics environment using relevant technologies
- Have proven experience at a senior level in a data analysis and design role with multiple objectives and clients.
- Extensive experience of hybrid lake and data warehouse architectures and open source technologies.
- Extensive financial services experience.
- Have line management experience of managing teams operating at specialist/management level and be used to leading teams through periods of complex change
- Be highly resilient with the ability to handle conflict and pressure
- Have proven ability to communicate and influence at all levels and engage confidently with Senior Executives.
- Demonstrate proven experience of managing and improving supplier performance
- Possess a detailed knowledge of current and future technologies relevant to Nationwide’s needs
- Have excellent negotiation and facilitation skills
- Demonstrate the ability to react with pace to changing demand
It would be nice if you also had:
- Experience in Teradata, Informatica and Hadoop
- Be able to evidence knowledge of project management methodologies and frameworks
What you'll be doing
Reporting to the Director of Data & Analytics Solutions, your role will be to develop and implement designs and related working practices to transform Nationwide’s reporting and analytics capabilities in line with both the Data & Analytics Strategy and the IT Strategy whilst continuing to meet regulatory and business demand. The role will lead and develop a team of specialist data analysts and designers and is accountable for the integrity of delivery within your area and for providing consultancy and support services.
Key accountabilities will be:
- Take ownership and lead the design of our strategic data and analytics platforms to transform Nationwide’s data and analytics capabilities.
- Drive innovation through a deep understanding of technology trends and drivers and their application to our business needs.
- Accountable for the design and technical analysis strategy in collaboration with Enterprise and Programme Architecture.
- Accountable for establishing and operating effective governance on solutions to ensure all designs are aligned to the Data & Analytics Strategy, IT Strategy and technical blueprint.
- Line management of up to 20 direct reports and responsible for contract, supplier, practice resource quality and compliance (on-shore and offshore, up to an additional 50 resources).
- Accountable for resourcing and building the capabilities within the Data Analysis and Solutions Design team.
- Additionally, accountable for ensuring a large and complex strategic programme/project portfolio aligns to our strategies through :
- Accountability for High Level and Detailed Designs
- Accountable for developing detailed, accurate and clear data requirements
- Accountable for the production and review of designs and technical requirement across all environments, using expert domain knowledge.
- Accountable for production and validation of estimates and quotes and driving value from suppliers
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to a Healthcare scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
- Company car or allowance worth £4,656 a year
You can apply via the ''Apply now'' button.