MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us. Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
As an addition to our EMEA Supply Planning Execution team based in our MSD site in Lucerne, Switzerland, we are looking for a Specialist Master Data Management (m/f) (permanent full-time contract).
The Specialist Master Data Management supports all requirements to ensure accurate, timely and compliant Master data creation, maintenance and related activities in SAP ECC and SAP APO. The Master Data Management team performs various checks, analyses and interacts with stakeholders across all Supply chain functions & other work streams such as Finance, Procurement, etc. Continuous improvement and end-to-end thinking to support the business is an inherent part of this role.
The primary activities include but are not limited to:
- Your core responsibility will be the maintenance and code creation of Master Data
- Right First Time Code creation/ change/ extension including all pre-checks - evaluation of correct parameters and data sets to raise a compliant and error free change control request and set-up of related data such as BOM, Source lists, T-lanes, etc., in SAP ECC and SAP APO
- Provide SCM Data support for projects: for e.g.: network changes/ Rapid Response/ SAP go-lives
- Monitor data, analyse reports and track specific activity to ensure records are synchronized, accurate & complete. Act to resolve data quality issues and discrepancies
- Analyse data feeds and reconcile reports which are critical to daily operations & drive data accuracy
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date material master data identified through data quality checks, ensure timely updates & eliminate duplicate/ dormant, records in SAP ECC & APO
- Use the global data standards to enter data into the system and when necessary apply country-specific and plant-specific data standards
- Perform pro-active data accuracy checks to identify areas of improvement
- Interpret requests and determine appropriate course of action or obtain additional clarification, if necessary
- Address all client inquiries, including, but not limited to own process
- Use reports and KPI to review, update and improve SCM data quality in all required business systems as ECC and APO, Rapid Response and support in mass changes
- Understand the financial supply chain and related patterns
- Generate, review and maintain supply and demand information data to support SCM, Customers and Supply Operations activities
- Analyse & amend supply chain information to ensure data accuracy and perform regular data cleansing
- Centralized gatekeeper and owner of all SCM SAP Master Data, quality related business requests in the EMEA region
- Monitor the status of change control requests & ensure timely approval & execution
- Responsible for data integration and linking data when necessary
- Accurate creation of new codes to support business and various projects
- Coding processes, distribution and maintenance of master data information to internal and external customers
- Bachelor's Degree in a related business concentration (Supply Chain, or equivalent) preferred / APICS CPIM or CSCMP certification is of advantage
- Minimum 4-years’ experience with end-to-end Master Data, preferably in pharmaceutical environment
- Broad understanding and knowledge of applicable business processes
- Highly organized profile, proactive and problem-solving mindset
- Strong English communication skills written and verbally, German knowledge is advantageous
- Capable of working collaboratively with multiple stakeholders
- SAP and MS Office experience (with strong Excel skills) are preferred
- Willingness to be flexible and to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload and delight customers
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to communicate, collaborate and influence
Your role at MSD is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At MSD, we’re inventing for life.Interested in becoming part of a dynamic, developing team and contributing your know-how to an innovative environment that allows you to show initiative and that offers long-term perspectives? Please apply using the link to our career site!
MSD is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at MSD via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of MSD. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by MSD as a result of the referral or through other means.
Job: Supply Chain Mgmnt Generic
Primary Location: EMEA-Switzerland-LU-Luzern
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1Company Trade Name:MSD