The ideal candidate will be a hands-on data scientist, quantitative epidemiologist or statistician with experience in large-scale healthcare data analysis. S/he will have experience working with a variety of data sources, such as clinical trial data, electronic health record data, insurance claims data, and disease/patient registry data. The candidate must also have a demonstrated ability to actively listen, integrate input from diverse sources, and collaboratively translate medical or business questions into data and analysis requirements and a clear path forward.
Overall responsibilities include:
- Directly participate in multiple analytics projects
- Collaboratively develop analysis plans based on clinical or business questions, and lead their execution through the use of existing analytic approaches or the development of novel ones.
- Interpret data analysis results in clinical or business context, and articulate the implications of the results to the business function
- Represent the IKU Data Sciences group and its capabilities in meetings with nontechnical peers
- Work in a fast-paced multidisciplinary dynamic environment, and as necessary create examples, prototypes, demonstrations to help the business better understand innovative solutions
- Collaborate with team members to meet project checkpoints and accomplish team objectives
Key competencies, skills, and attributes:
- Advanced knowledge of a subset of analytical approaches (ex. statistics, predictive modeling, visual analytics) and the desire to continually learn and grow your analytical skillset
- Ability to work with structured and unstructured data
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to communicate complex matters in laymen’s terms
- Ability to multi-task and handle numerous complex relationships at a time
- Demonstrated ability to engage in effective joint problem-solving to address key challenges
Education and Experience Guidelines:
- 1+ years experience in pharmaceutical / biotechnology / healthcare / health IT industry
- Masters degree, or equivalent experience, in Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or related field with a substantial statistical component
- At least 1 year experience in observational healthcare data analyses
Technical Experience Guidelines:
- Advanced hands-on knowledge of R and/or Python
- Working knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- Experience analyzing data from traditional healthcare databases (electronic medical records, claims, etc) is preferred
- Experience with Hadoop platforms (ex Cloudera, Hortonworks) and related “big data” technologies is preferred
Experience working in Cloud Computing environments (ex AWS, Azure, etc) is preferred
COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE LIVES OF PATIENTS WORLDWIDE
At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing drugs for our patients. Our vision as a company is to build a major global biopharmaceutical corporation while focusing on the discovery, the development, and the commercialization of products for the treatment of cancer and other severe, immune, inflammatory conditions.
"At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing drugs for our patients."