Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society – what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costs.
We are currently looking for a Technical Expert (TE) who is a highly skilled, technical sales professional responsible for providing design expertise on high value opportunities in Storage and Data Protection technologies. By consistently exhibiting a proactive approach to your activities, you will be collaborating with other presales resources, the account team, and partners, to develop winning and innovative solutions and proposals by leveraging expertise and technical depth in your specialization and complimentary technologies and services.
Seen as a subject matter and industry expert, you will leverage a consultative approach to understand customer / partner technical and service requirements within area of specialization, including an advanced knowledge of the competitive landscape. As a technical advisor in your District/Critical Mass Territory (CMT) for field / partner enablement and market awareness activities, as well as being the District/CMT leader of the technical strategy, you must possess strong technical and interpersonal skills to proactively lead technical discussions with the customer, partner and account teams.
Through your technical domain expertise for a specific solution family, and your ability to translate technology values into a business value proposition and business outcome, your role will be critical to the presales solution sales process. Given the importance of this role and the intentional solution expertise focus, you must be able to support multiple sales campaigns concurrently while serving as the domain expert for account teams and their customers.
- Provide the technical domain expertise for a specific solution family and considerations for designing an effective solution
- Translate technology values into a business value proposition and business outcome
- Actively supports the account team with product advice, proposal support, presentations, and other customer communications
- Drive detailed, technical presentations, demos and proofs of value, either live, virtual, or through the Pre-Sales Center of Expertise. Follow-up with customers as needed
- Align and Lead in the development of key architectures and solutions working closely with our Ecosystem ISV and strategic alliances
- Be a source of technical information to the field sales, customers and partners for the assigned solutions area
- Develop and Execute reference architectures that support the repeatable “Sales Plays” and are differentiated in the marketplace
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Requires more than 10 years related experience of which at least 5 years of experience and demonstrated leadership in technology specialization of Storage and Data Protection – Skills in Block and NAS solutions, Full Flash, Software Defined Storage, Scale-out architecture, Virtualization, Management Software stacks, Competitive knowledge – DellEMC, Pure, HPE, Netapp, IBM... Mesurable Gain Assessment, Automation and consumption models.
- More than 7 years technical sales experience or related field experience with customer interaction
- In-depth technical consulting skills with domain expertise in virtualization technologies (Vmware Containers, Openstack), including ability to ask probing questions, obtain deep understanding of business and technical needs, define trade-offs, and recommend appropriate Hitachi Vantara solution capabilities into a broader technology and services environment, and expertly defend recommendations in competitive environments
- Design & Architecture Skills in complex, multi-DC environments including lifecycle and Data Protection
- Automation knowledge of IT-Workflows
- Skilled in Performance optimizations and Business Critical environment
- Experience in building agile, service-oriented Data Centers
- Extremely strong relationship skills and executive-level presence
- Strong leadership, communication, and technical skills
- Recognized as a subject matter expert in your primary technology domain, including in-depth knowledge of: Hitachi Vantara and industry technologies, architectural approaches, applications, services, vendors, partners, and systems relevant to their industry
- Persuasive presentation and public speaking skills – must be fluent in German and English. Able to command an audience while articulating a meaningful message
- Self-motivated, self-starter and results oriented
- Able to work in unstructured environments and situations, and prioritize effectively with minimal supervision
- Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Post graduate course work may be desired.
Great careers start with innovation and here at Hitachi Vantara, our promise is to deliver insights that power smarter businesses and inspire social innovation solutions for a healthier, safer future. The key to our innovation is our people -- our culture values respect, diversity, and collaboration. Join our Hitachi family and together, let’s lead the way to extraordinary!
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.