EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Visit us at http://www.ey.com/CH/en/Careers
Our professionals within Assurance practice in Zurich develop specifically tailored audits in order to build trust and to ensure clarity, transparency and continuity. Start your career today by joining us in the versatile world of the audit.
The rapidly growing Forensics department is currently seeking the right candidate for an excellent career opportunity in the Forensic Data Analytics (“FDA”) team. This team represents a critical component to EY’s Forensics growth strategy and is where much of the innovative early thinking takes place.
The FDA team is a global group of technical specialists that practice the full life cycle of data management from the early stages of data scoping and capture, to its management, analysis and reporting. The nature of our work typically requires working with large datasets from disparate data sources to support fraud investigations and disputes for our clients covering a range of industries. This is achieved by combining deep forensic investigation knowledge with advanced data analytics techniques such as investigative data linking, social network analysis, statistics, artificial intelligence, machine learning and predictive modelling.
You will have a unique, career changing opportunity to play a key role in the growth and strategy of the FDA group.
Tasks that you promote
- Working on client engagement teams in carrying out both reactive and proactive data analysis of large volume of structured data involving a wide range of database management systems and financial platforms
- Working with clients, fraud investigators, internal and external auditors, lawyers and regulatory authorities in sensitive and sometimes adversarial situations
- Working in our specialist forensic technology data analytics labs and onsite to help clients leverage knowledge from their data through the application of advanced analytics
Your profile to succeed together
- Degree (Bachelor or Master) in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or Economics, or related fields
- 3-5 years of practical experience working as a Data Scientist and if possible with client facing experience
- Knowledge of data mining, machine learning and predictive analytics as well as extensive experience in data analysis and manipulation with any of the following software: SQL Server, SAS, IBM SPSS
- Understanding of at least one scripting language such as Python, Java Script; or programming languages such as SQL, Java, C++, C#, R
- Experience in extracting, analyzing, and processing large volumes of data and experience with data visualization techniques and software packages like Tableau, Spotfire or IBM i2 Analyst
- Practical or theoretical knowledge/experience in finances or life science and basic knowledge of accounting principles are a big advantage
- Excellent problem solving skills, strong financial, analytical, technical, and interpersonal skills as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills are requested
More opportunities for your development
Dou you have challenging plans? Stick to them and realize your goals with us! Design your career with EY in a culture that promotes diversity and education. In an environment that constantly opens new doors through knowledge sharing, flexibility and recognition. We offer you to join our highly motivated team of advisory professionals. You will be working and learning in a highly dynamic and cross-functional team - being able to boost your learning curve through the combination of intensive team work, challenging client projects and being part of the network of one of the world’s leading professional services firms
The Recruiting Team is looking forward to receiving your application
Do the next step and apply for this position online. Ref No: ZUR001B6. For further information please contact our recruitment team (Recruitment.firstname.lastname@example.org / +41 58 286 33 66).