MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where MSD has codified its 125-year legacy. MSD’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Our Manufacturing Division is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
The Supply Chain Data Scientist Lead is part of the Integrated Business Planning team and has the overall accountability for the definition and implementation of data-driven, self-regulating supply chain operating models utilizing data science algorithms as well as state-of-the-art technologies. The Supply Chain Data Scientist Lead will coordinate of all data-related supply chain configuration and parameterization activities and will lead a small team of data scientists.
Primary activities include, but are not limited to:
- Construct an analytical framework for data analytics based on an understanding of business requirements and operational processes
- Extract relevant information from available data sources for further analytical processing, e.g. data mining
- Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis
- Conduct data analyses, develop mathematical models, implement prototypes, and guide the team conceptually
- Determine optimal mathematical approach to business optimization requirements (e.g. clustering, decision tree, machine learning)
- Interpret modeling results in a business context, discuss with business partners, and incorporate data-driven decision-making in operations
- Identify new strategic application areas and use cases
- Coordinate collaboration with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes
- Serve as interface between business and IT departments
- Validating achieved process performance with meaningful KPIs
Focus: Supply Chain Segmentation & Parameterization
- Coordinate the development of data-centric Supply Chain Operating models
- Drive the segmentation of business objects in the supply chain (e.g. products, markets, customers) on the basis of mutual characteristics
- Coordinate the identification and assignment of tailored strategies to identified segments
- Support the application of custom-fitted planning processes according to the specific requirements of each segment
- Support the global parameter calculation framework (calculation methods, frequency, etc.) and provide guidance for local functions
- Support the definition and alignment of global planning parameters (e.g. lead times, MOQ, order cycles) with the means of SC segmentation and data-driven algorithms to enable SC model configuration and to optimize service level, cost, and inventory (with Sales, Production, Purchasing, etc.)
- Support the definition of planning & inventory strategies
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
- Ensuring continuous improvement based on the evaluation metrics of model performance
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- A Master's degree or Phd in Business, Information Technology or related field
- 5+ years of experience in data sciences/ big data or equivalent
- Pro-active, result driven, and target oriented execution of role
- High motivation to strive for and facilitate the overall company optimum
- Distinct understanding of organizational culture and dynamics
- Professionalism and maturity required to effectively interact with senior management
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to produce outstanding creative and analytical solutions based on thorough analyses of complex processes and business relationships
Specific professional competencies
- Advanced Supply Chain process knowledge
- Excellent understanding of supply chain configuration and supply chain planning and proven track record in related roles
- Excellent understanding of business processes and supply chain principles and practices
- Excellent understanding of Supply Chain Configuration & Parametrization principles
- Excellent understanding of Supply Chain Setup & Segmentation frameworks
- Strong experience in supply chain performance measurement, identification & application of error metrics, root-cause analysis, etc.
- Excellent understanding of pharmaceutical supply chain specifics
- Good understanding of the company’s supply chain network
Technical & language skills
- Advanced analytical and conceptual skills (ideally with a certification of an established education instance, e.g. IBM Watson IoT Data Science certification)
- Excellent understanding of machine learning algorithms (Clustering, Neural Networks, Decision Trees)
- Excellent knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications
- Excellent knowledge of and hands-on experience in application of “Cross Industry Standard Process for Data Mining” (CRISP-DM)
- Experience in analyzing complex datasets and building mathematical predictive and prescriptive models in a practical business context
- Excellent command of English with a second / third language preferred
- Practical experience in working with Kinaxis software, esp. knowledge of the Rapid Response data model, etc.
Your role at MSD is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At MSD, we’re inventing for life.
MSD is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at MSD via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of MSD. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by MSD as a result of the referral or through other means.
Job: Supply Chain Dev&Optimization
Primary Location: EMEA-Switzerland-LU-Luzern
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1Company Trade Name:MSD