MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us. Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career. As a new addition to our research division IT team based at the MSD Werthenstein BioPharma site in Schachen, Switzerland, we are looking for an IT Business Analyst (m/f), with a key focus towards the site operations (permanent full-time contract). Depending on the annual IT portfolio and its priorities, the business analyst will get opportunities to support programs at other MSD sites in Switzerland and as well contribute to regional and global programs.
The IT Business Analyst is the leading role in the realization of value through understanding of applicable business processes, followed by identification, implementation and realization of appropriate and right-sized IT solutions. This MSD Werthenstein BioPharma site supports Development and clinical manufacturing of biological (large molecule) drug substances, Development of pharmaceutical-, analytical-, chemical- or biochemical testing methods for drug products and drug substances, Packaging of Clinical Supplies and worldwide distribution. IT improvements and innovations to be realized will be a combination of globally and locally driven solutions, but always with a view to create an optimal value for the overall corporation. The primary activities include but are not limited to: IT Service Delivery:
- Support the application of the MSD System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), GxP and regulatory requirements.
- Documentation and verification of business process flows and business requirements. Verification of the solution’s alignment with requirements and MSD IT architecture
- Support of User Acceptance Testing with business partners across all business areas at the site
- Completion of all compliance documentation for system releases
- Development of best practice recommendations
- Support of the authoring/review of IT Standard Operating Procedures
- Collaboration on qualification/validation documentation such as policies, procedures, acceptance criteria, plans, protocols, requirements, reports and computerized system related changes to ensure compliance to company standards and applicable regulations throughout the computerized system lifecycle (including changes/modifications, deviations/variances, compliance investigations).
- Support and driving of incident/problem management processes in close collaboration with the Business partners and the IT Support teams (Infrastructure & Operations and Application Managed Services).
- Change management processes as needed to realize the value of IT innovations
- Tracking of key performance indicators and other appropriate measures/metrics to assure projected value realization and management/escalation of corresponding issues.
IT Business Analysis:
- Continuous collaboration with both local and global business partners to understand current and desired business processes/requirements, as well as corresponding business goals.
- Support and/or performing of the formulation, definition and documentation of business cases with associated drivers (return on investment), key performance indicators and other appropriate measures/metrics for value realization.
- Working with local and global IT partners in the initial development and assessment of solution alternatives ensuring alignment with global IT standards/architecture and adherence to ‘Lean’/Six sigma principles. Documentation and verification of business process flows and business requirements. Verification of solution’s alignment with requirements. Development of detailed functional requirements specifications from high level business concepts.
- Keeping abreast of new technologies, methodologies, industry practices and standards
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, Math or equivalent degree with relevant experience.
- Several years of related experience in areas of IT service management, business analysis or business process engineering work. Demonstrated experience and proficiency with one or more formal methodologies in these areas.
- Proven experience in implementing and maintaining business processes enabled through IT platforms
- Must have experience with running and operating an IT landscape following GMP regulations
- Hands-on experience with System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) deliverables, as well as demonstrated understanding of appropriate regulatory guidelines.
- Demonstrated background knowledge of healthcare industry and key business processes, with ability to quickly understand business processes.
- Excellent facilitation, consultation, and influencing skills including experience with outsourced service providers
- Project management experience on medium to large sized projects is required
- Very good knowledge of German and English, to be able to create business documents in both languages.
- An exciting opportunity within a stable and growing company
- Development and career opportunities within the company
- A competent, motivated and great team
Your role at MSD is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At MSD, we’re inventing for life.Interested in becoming part of a dynamic, developing team and contributing your know-how to an innovative environment that allows you to show initiative and that offers long-term perspectives? Please apply using the link to our career site!
MSD is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at MSD via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of MSD. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by MSD as a result of the referral or through other means.
Job: Business/Technical Analysis
Primary Location: EMEA-Switzerland-LU-Schachen
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1Company Trade Name:MSD