Dathena is a Cybersecurity and Data Governance Startup based in Switzerland, Singapore and Paris. We work in close partnership with PwC, Google and NVIDIA. We are looking for 3 motivated interns who will work with us and our partners to improve our leading technology in managing the risk of confidentiality of the Major banks and Fortune 500 clients and discover key insights on the data they have. You will be able to work on challenging research projects related to your field of interest and help us building and improving our products' prediction systems. We supervise master thesis or standard internships.
If you have fun with us and you like working for a fast growing company, you will have the opportunity to apply to a permanent position after the internship in one of our office!
- We are looking for a Data Scientist Intern that will help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help us make smarter decisions to deliver even better products.
- Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products by improving and extending the features used by our existing classifier, by developing internal testing procedures, and enhancing our system for automated fraud detection.
- While it is essential that the Data Scientist Intern brings efficient and effective behavior to increase the productivity of the organization, is it also critical that the intern retain the creative spark that drives Dathena’s vision and values.
- This position requires to be patient and perseverant in order to discover issues with huge amounts of data, and resolve them by adding new features to an existing validation tool.
- This is an iterative and on-going work.
Examples of topics:
- Enhancing automated anomaly detection systems (Code and Play with NVIDIA GPUs and CPUs, for OCR, speech recognition, image matching, NLP, and more)
- Clustering with Spark Streaming and Kafka
- Anti phishing in blockchain application
- Structured data processing and detection of cross-source relationships
- Manage knowledge and facilitate its accessibility with natural interactions
- Classification optimization and accuracy improvement through word embedding methods
- Integration of hybrid approach for Entity Recognition methods
- Pattern recognition and smart filtering
- Graph-based methods for text summarization
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent understanding of NLP, machine learning and deep learning techniques and algorithms
- Good programming skills: Scala, Java, knowledge in using query languages such as SQL and NoSQL
- Nice to have: Kafka, Spark-Streaming, HBase
- Software engineering best practices: continuous integration with git, Jira, BitBucket
- Fluent in English
- Data-oriented personality
- Exceptional Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Time management
- Interpersonal Skills
- Critical Thinking
- Presentation Skills
- Proactive and interested in the area of data security and governance. This temporary position may be converted into a full-time job.
- The Data Scientist Intern will be part of a highly qualified and dynamic team where he will be able to learn and improve himself.
- The Data Scientist Intern must fully embrace the team spirit of a young and innovative Start-up. They must be able to adapt to a multi-cultural environment. Travel and remote location might be required.
Location: Switzerland - Lausanne, R&D Office