The Knowledge Science team is part of the Corporate R&D division. Fundamental research on AI/ML in the context of chemistry, sensory and creativity is at the core of the team’s activity with the goal to deliver data-driven business functions across the company. Our working environment includes latest hardware equipment and tools from the IT and collaborations with key AI players (academic and industrial) around the world.
We are looking for an experienced Data Scientist, grounded with a strong Machine Learning expertise and passionate about mathematical modeling and optimization processes. Being a core member of the data science team, you will work in close collaboration with business unit professionals and managers to solve complex business problem through advanced algorithms and machine learning approaches.
This role is at the heart of the Firmenich's digitalization strategy and will offer a high visibility within senior level executives. The successfull candidate will have to demonstrate excellent team leading skills and communication abilities to foster a strong data-driven culture within the company.
- Conduct research on Artificial Intelligence in the field of the Fragrance and Flavours Industry.
- Turn business and technical challenges into algorithmic and data-driven solutions.
- Supervised deployment of models and algorithms within the production environement. Ensure conitnuous improvement through industrialized machine learning pipeline.
- Collaborate and communicate to all levels of the company and externally (academic, start-up...).
- Build new and improved solutions for data collection, management and usage.
- Become an authorithy in Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence within the company.
- Advanced degree (PhD preferred) in a quantitative field like computer science, engineering, statistics, physics.
- Demonstrated experience with machine learning, operation research and datamining in professional environement.
- Proven ability to manage R&D projects and supervise research teams.
- Deep understanding of statistics, probabilites, artificial neural networks, minimization algorithms.
- Excellent command of Python/Matlab and related DL frameworks (Tensorflow, PyTorch, Mathworks DL toolbox...).
- Ability to work in an international atmosphere, involving high-level collaborations with both academic and business partners.
- Willing to assume additional responsibilities and to become a respected know-how carrier in our team