lastminute.com group is a publicly traded multinational Group, among the worldwide leaders in the online travel industry, and we operate a portfolio of well-known brands such as lastminute.com, Bravofly, Rumbo, Volagratis and Jetcost.
Every month, the Group reaches across all its websites and mobile apps (in 17 languages and 40 countries) 43 million unique users that search for and book their travel and leisure experiences. More than 1,200 people enjoy working with us and contribute to provide our audience with a comprehensive and inspiring offering of travel related products and services.
lastminute.com group is looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst in Chiasso.
The candidate will join the Information Experience team inside Business Intelligence department, acting as a bridge between IT development teams and the rest of BI teams.
Key Responsibilities will include
● IT support: entry point for IT Product Owners for any data need (eg: monitoring /debugging new functionalities)
● IT release coverage: covers IT demos/releases in order to be updated with new functionalities and related trackings, serving as focal point for analytic stakeholders for knowledge on raw production data models
● IT tracking requirements: provides tracking requirements to IT Product Owners on new developments (engagement on new ones and continuous improvement on existing ones)
● Information Experience Lab developments: develops ETLs and data models for Information Experience Lab (based on Vertica data warehouse environment), an official and independent data warehouse laboratory built to allow reactiveness on reporting new IT functionalities
● Official report developments and support: develops official reports (using Spotfire TIPCO tool) based on Information Experience Lab and support final users on their usage
Skills and Experience
● Bachelor or master level degree in Computer Engineering (Artificial Intelligence as preference)
● At least two years of experience into overlapping/similar position (consulting companies as preference)
● Proficient in SQL
● Ability to define data models and algorithms
● Fluent in Italian and English
● Knowledge of Spotfire TIPCO reporting tool
● Knowledge of Vertical data warehouse
● Knowledge of Excel/Google Sheets
● Passion for working with complex information in order to understand hidden value from raw data
● Curiosity and interest in business needs
● Orientation to detail