lastminute.com group is a publicly traded multinational Group, among the worldwide leaders in the online travel industry, and we operate a portfolio of well-known brands such as lastminute.com, Bravofly, Rumbo, Volagratis and Jetcost.
Every month, the Group reaches across all its websites and mobile apps (in 17 languages and 40 countries) 43 million unique users that search for and book their travel and leisure experiences. More than 1,200 people enjoy working with us and contribute to provide our audience with a comprehensive and inspiring offering of travel related products and services.
We are looking for a highly qualified and motivated Senior Machine Learning Scientist to work with challenging real-world problems on big temporal data. The selected candidate will be part of a team composed of 7 machine learning/data scientists and a data engineer. This position is based in our office in Chiasso (Switzerland) or Milan (Italy).
Key responsibilities will include:
- Develop effective machine learning solutions to deal with challenging real-world problems on big temporal data
- Collaborate in a cross-functional team, including machine learning scientists, software engineers, and project managers
- At least 3 years of work experience in addition to a Ph.D. in Computer Science, or Mathematics, or Physics.
- Excellent knowledge of Supervised methods (Classification, Regression), Unsupervised methods (Clustering, Feature Selection, Dimensionality Reduction) and Time Series Analysis
- Excellent knowledge of Python and SQL
- Knowledge of the most important Python libraries for Machine Learning and Data Analysis (scikit-learn, Statsmodels, Pandas, matplotlib, Numpy, Scipy)
- Experience with distributed version control systems: mostly Git (Github and/or Bitbucket).
- Experience with Deep Learning (Recurrent Neural Networks, Convolutional Neural Networks, Autoencoders)
- Experience with Keras
- Experience with Tensorflow or Theano
- Able to find creative solutions to interesting problems
- Curious with a constant desire to learn and collaborate
- Experience with forecasting models
- Experience with NoSQL
- Knowledge of Java or Scala is a plus
Contract Type: Permanent Contract