Most wanted: ambitious, design-driven frontend engineer on a mission to simplify complex interactions into a meaningful user experience.
Onedot has been built because we believe that data should be made consumable across sources and organisations.
We offer a dynamic, flexible and inspiring work environment with lots of room for personal growth where you enjoy autonomy, actively shape our product and have a meaningful impact. You will drive and lead the development of our data preparation service Web application. Working on beautiful and intuitive user interfaces is your thing. You have a flair for excellent user experience and are able to capture complex use-cases and translate them into features built to last. Good attention to detail and constantly improving your knowledge about industry trends, new technologies, and best practices in front-end development is your strength. You have the necessary experience to leave your mark in the technology stack and love to share your knowhow in Web technologies with your team. Have a look at our tech stack at https://stackshare.io/onedot.
We use machine learning, probabilistic methods and advanced text analysis to automatically turn messy data into structured information. Our technology achieves super-human performance, makes data standards redundant and accelerates business growth. Onedot is a startup backed by leading venture capital firms and world class entrepreneurs.
- Develop new user-facing features for our Web application
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Design and build user-friendly interfaces with sophisticated interaction patterns
- Connect to backend services interfacing with the data preparation engine
- Optimize components for maximum performance across browsers and devices
- Collaborate closely with product development and R&D teams
- Work with user experience and design professionals
- Practical expertise with popular React workflows such as Flux or Redux
- Experience with data structure libraries such as Immutable.js
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs and modern authorisation mechanisms such as JSON Web Token
- Know-how of modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Motivation and passion for intuitive and optimised user interfaces
- Ability to write expressive, high-quality, reusable code
- Thinks big, gets things done, has fun and loves working with a high impact team!
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant technical expertise
- Experience and flair for visual design, UX and interface design for complex interaction patterns
- Fullstack engineering experience of reactive architectures
- Knowledge of Scala and functional programming paradigms
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Onedot is committed to equal employment opportunity without regard for race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.
This is a full-time position based in our office in Zurich/Schlieren.
Apply today, and we start our journey together!
- Performance-oriented compensation, because we reward high-impact work.
- Flexible work hours, because impact, not face-time counts
- Occasional work from home, so that you can focus and concentrate
- Truly international colleagues, to learn from each other and push forward as one team
- Cool office space, because we like it cosy and comfortable
- Free snacks, drinks, coffee and other perks to keep you going
- Regular events to better get to know each other
- Planned education & training to continuously broaden your skills