The Data Science team at Gamaya is working to develop and deploy AI and Machine Learning solutions at scale to increase the effectiveness and the efficiency of agricultural operations.
We are seeking to grow the team with brilliant and diverse individuals with exceptional technical ability.
This is a challenging role that will stretch your knowledge and curiosity, while at the same time being a great opportunity to learn new skills and work within an unusually talented team. You will encounter a wide variety of data types, from high-resolution RGB drone imagery to low-resolution multi-spectral satellite scenes to our unique aerial hyperspectral images, and combine them with other datasets, such as soil maps and weather time-series.
This is a hands-on position where you will be empowered to find your solution to new challenging problems and have the potential to directly impact Gamaya's future. The role requires that you have an extensive background in machine learning, data mining, statistical analysis and deep learning.
A proven track record in inventing and modifying advanced innovative algorithms, and applying them to large data sets is essential.
Software engineering experience will be appreciated in order to contribute to our Data Science codebase and infrastructure.
You will be a team player who is eager to both teach and learn on a daily basis, that is proactive and self-motivated and has excellent communication skills.
- Analyse remote sensing datasets of multiple modalities, e.g., drone, satellite, rgb, hyperspectral, to understand crops' growth and their responses to stress.
- Design, train and deploy machine learning algorithms at scale on our platform.
- Prepare feasibility studies' reports.
- Contribute to our Data Science codebase and infrastructure.
- Participate in knowledge sharing within the Data Science team.
- MsC (PhD is a plus) in Computer Science, Electric Engineering, Applied Mathematics or similar, with focus on statistical analysis, signal processing and machine learning.
- 2+ years of research or professional experience, analyzing a variety of datasets and coding algorithms from scratch.
- Very strong programming skills in Python, numpy, scikit-learn, TensorFlow (or another deep learning framework).
- Experience with image processing and convolutional neural networks.
- A passion for reproducible research and communication, e.g., GitHub projects.
- Highly self-motivated team worker, at ease in international and diverse environments.
- Nice to have:
- Proven publication record in international conferences and journals (e.g., NIPS, ICML, AISTATS, MICCAI, CVPR, ICPR)
- Experience with parallel and GPU programming and distributed computing.
- Experience with probabilistic modelling and probabilistic programming frameworks, e.g., Stan, PyMc3.
- Experience with analyzing remote sensing data, e.g., drone and satellite imagery, weather data.
- Experience working with a large codebase.
Gamaya is at the forefront of innovation in multiple fields: hyperspectral sensors, embedded cameras, artificial intelligence, and agronomy know-how.
- Become part of a young & innovative Swiss startup
- Work with a great team of bright scientists and engineers
- Be a part of the sustainable future of agriculture
- Enjoy the dynamic and international environment
- Professionally grow with a rapid development of the company