This Big Data consultant will be working with a reputable IT Consultancy, assisting them on a project with a high-profile Banking client. The role is based in Zurich five days a week.
The ideal candidate will be from a Developer / Architect/Programmer background with some Business Analysis skills.
The role includes the following tasks
- Implement data transformation pipeline in BigData (data ingestion, transformation and analytical processing)
- Data Science including data querying in SQL
- Query, Process and analyse large data sets
- Data reconciliation and processing
- Clarification and investigation pursuance with stakeholders both in the IT and Business organisation
- Stakeholder communication
- Ensure application is maintainable and supportable:
- Raise / reject change requests to align the business needs for the application with stable day-to-day operations
- Ensure quality of application (e.g. code reviews, NFR coverage)
- Ensure application documentation is up-to-date and complete
- Support stakeholders in planning, reviews, assessments, etc.:
- Support IT organization stakeholders, including Provider, Program / Project Managers, IT Architects, IT Service Manager, IT Application Support Teams
The ideal candidate will have:
- University degree or similar education in information technology or information management.
- 3+ years of software development experience in data and bigdata projects - preferably in data transformation area
- Ability to write complex SQL queries (preferable experience in DWH)
- Apache Spark
- Scala or R ( optional)
- Unix Red Hat scripting
- DWH platforms
- Java (he does only need to have good background but not heavy experience)
- Control-M, rundeck
- Any other programming language is an asset
- Working experience in Agile teams, preferably SCRUM
- Distinctive analytical thinking, well structured, solution-oriented, autonomous, proactive, flexible, able to work under pressure, communicative, insistent, responsible
If this role aligns with your skillset and you are looking for opportunities, please do not hesitate to get in touch.