Your Work Environment
You will be joining a highly motivated and competent team of diverse experts, working on exciting media innovation projects. Our way of working is best described as “agile”. We rather rapidly prototype and iterate our solutions than try to anticipate all possible challenges beforehand. To increase knowledge sharing and cross-competence collaboration, we regularly hold internal #hackDays or #knowledgeSessions.
This position is based in our Zurich office. The flexibility of home-office is part of our culture.
We are looking for someone to complement our Data Science Team. Together with the other data scientists as well as our data engineers, you’ll be working on exciting projects, jointly taking on the following tasks:
- Planning and implementation of new data products, in close collaboration with our product managers
- Development of statistical models for marketing and editorial use cases (article recommendations / personalization) and getting them into production
- Monitoring, testing and optimization of models in production systems
- Optimization and expansion of our data pipeline
- Data mining for explorative analysis, including presentation of the results
Due to the current composition of the team, we are open for a person with less experience (at the beginning close collaboration with our Senior Data Scientist) or a more senior professional.
- Masters degree in a quantitative discipline (Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering)
- When you encounter a problem, you intuitively look for quantitative, mathematical ways to formulate it
- Minimum of 2 years on-the-job experience, 5 years for a senior role
- Creativity and curiosity for data-driven media innovation
- Theoretical and hands-on statistics und machine learning / data science know-how
- Practical experience with tools for statistical modeling (e.g. Python scikit-learn, R or SparkML)
- Significant experience in at least one programming language (Python, Scala, Java)Experience with big data concepts and frameworks (Apache Spark, Kafka..)
- Pronounced interdisciplinary communication and collaboration skills
- Good working knowledge in German
- Several years of experience in research & development
- Experience in the media industry
- Experience with recommender systems, especially for (news) media
- Experience with Apache Spark (Scala API)
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases
Did we trigger your interest?
If you are eager to be part of the digital transformation of one of Europe’s most established media companies, please submit your application (CV, cover letter) online.
We are looking forward to receive your application.