Ava AG is an award-winning startup company based in Zürich/Switzerland. We have recently launched a novel wearable device that has the potential to significantly increase quality of life of millions of women. The core of our business are smart algorithms which exactly and reliably predict a woman’s fertile days. Would you like to join us in this challenging adventure?
- Design and implement databases to securely store Ava’s rapidly growing data lake
- Ensure performant integration into Spark and Spark SQL
- Write and maintain data ingestion and monitoring tools
- Assist implementation of server-sided algorithms in the areas of fertility, contraception, pregnancy and others in close collaboration with the data science team
- Support the continuous improvement of Ava’s data infrastructure
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Proven solid knowledge in Spark and Spark SQL in conjunction with at least one major SQL database and one major No-SQL database
- Experience with cloud based, virtual computer environments
- Strong knowledge in Python is a must, PySpark a plus
- Experience in working with large sets of (preferably physiological) data is a strong plus
- Knowledge of machine learning algorithms and tools is a plus
- Strong analytical skills and process-oriented work style, pragmatic and result oriented
- Strong communication skills, fluency in English
- Stress-resistant, even in fast-paced and busy situations
Are you fascinated by the idea to support a young and promising team and company to success? Would you like to contribute to a highly motivated team, with a lot of space for your own initiatives?
We appreciate you share our excitement for Ava. Please be aware that only fully documented applications (CV, motivation letter, reference letter, diplomas) can be considered. Should you not hear back from us within 3 weeks your application has unfortunately not been successful for the respective role.