Department: Product & Development GS
Coople is a European technology company. Founded in 2009 by the award-winning Swiss entrepreneur Viktor Calabrò, Coople operates the largest on-demand staffing platform in the world. Coople’s algorithm matches workers looking for shift-based or hourly work with companies that require these workers and 98% of jobs requested are filled within four hours.
The Product & Development team is currently looking for a Junior Full Stack Developer to join Coople and work on further development and refinement of our platform. The full stack developer will have a central role, standing in contact to different parts of our organization directly. You will of course work very closely with our Product teams locally and with our developers in Minsk, but you will have regular touchpoints directly with our business teams as well.
Your responsibilities will be, amongst others:
- Help support internal customer questions using SQL and API tools
- Develop server-side software for the Coople products using Java
- Develop front-end software for the Coople products using Angular and a Java-based REST backend
- Work together with our business, to identify priorities and drive forward improvements to our product
The technological environment
- The server side is based on the JBoss Wildfly server running a JavaEE 7 application exposing REST services to be used by the clients (Web and Mobile apps).
- The most prominent frameworks in use are CDI, RESTeasy, Camunda BPMN, Ansible, Maven and Arquillian.
- The web client part is built upon AngularJS.
- The server runs on Ubuntu Linux. Version control system is Git. You are free to use an IDE of your choice (IntelliJ IDEA preferred).
- The tool chain and the development process are designed to allow for continuous integration and delivery.
- 1 to 3 years of work experience in application development
- Strong SQL skills
- Strong understanding of Java with knowledge of REST
- Knowledge of Angular is a strong plus
- JavaEE 7 knowhow is a plus
- Knowledge of architectural concepts like CQRS, ES, BPMN and how to build software based on these concepts is a plus
- Fluent in English both spoken and written, German is a strong plus
Furthermore, we’re looking for someone:
- Eager to improve his/her skills to build a great platform with a high user experience
- Passionate about building great software with latest technologies
- Striving to write high-quality code that is both maintainable and readable
- Who can adapt to existing styles and architectural concepts and further develop them
What we offer:
Are you ready to take on a challenging role in a young and rapidly growing enterprise? Does an open, informal and positive work environment sound interesting to you? Then please get in touch with us and we’ll be happy to provide more information about the position.