HolidayCheck is the leading hotel evaluation and travel portal in the German-speaking region. With nearly 8 million reviews, a few million user photos and videos of more than 700,000 hotels, we offer holidaymakers extensive travel know-how.
We are a subsidiary of Holidaycheck Group AG. Together we have a vision to become the most user-friendly company for holidaymakers. At the heart of our corporate culture are our values, which we live by every day and which create an environment that allows for continuous development.
We are looking for entrepreneurial, innovative individuals who thrive on solving tough problems. As a Data Scientist directly reporting to the Head of Data Intelligence you’ll drive and foster data-driven products within the company.
Do you also support our values? Are you ready for the journey with HolidayCheck? Then join us in Bottighofen (Lake Constance) or Munich.
- You will closely interact with other data scientists and become a valuable part of
- our data intelligence team
- You will turn data into models and insights that make a difference in becoming the most Urlauber-friendly company in the world
- You will collaborate in cross-functional teams to create new products and bring data-driven improvements to our website and services
- You will pro-actively evangelize the use of data and science across the company
- You love crunching data in creative ways
- You have a proven track record of successfully applying machine learning algorithms to real-world data – either (preferably) on the job or in other projects
- You are an expert in Python and/or R, or you do have compelling reasons why you prefer another language to work with. And, of course, you can write SQL
- You are able to boil down the essence of complex problem settings into creative, simple, and right approaches to solutions.
- You are a friendly team player that enjoys collaborating with others. You are interested in pair programming, sharing knowledge, and learning from each other
- You have good communication skills, including the ability to present your work in layman terms as well as comprehensively explaining the buzz and hype around AI.
- Ideally, you have deep knowledge in deep learning and/or profound experience with either NLP or image recognition. Also, experience with machine learning services in cloud environments (Google and/or Amazon) can be a plus.
- You perfectly fit to our values. But you never overfit your models
- You are fluent in English. German is a big plus.
- You don't mind traveling between Bottighofen (Lake Constance) and Munich occasionally