Doodle is the world's favorite online scheduling tool with nearly 30 million monthly users around the globe. People use Doodle to plan everything from dinners with friends and family to business meetings. We are a fast-growing team of 40 passionate engineers, designers, product managers and salespeople spread out in Belgrade, Berlin, Tel Aviv and Zurich.
You will join a newly formed team of data scientists and engineers and your goal will be to unleash the enormous potential that lies in data we collect day by day from our users. We truly believe that Doodle services can leverage this information to make the user experience when setting up meetings and events as effortless, enjoyable and as fast as never been before.
Our advanced tech stack is based on AWS, Docker, Kubernetes and Kafka - still, we love to use every opportunity to evaluate and embrace new methods and technologies. In addition to an exciting job in the heart of Zurich, you'll take part in many team activities, conference visits and travels to our office in Berlin, Belgrade or Tel Aviv.
Role & Responsibilities
- You develop the machine-brain behind Doodle's offerings
- Independent development, deployment, presentation and documentation of prototypes in the field of machine learning, mathematical modeling and data visualization
- You will continuously improve our analytical infrastructure
- You exemplify a Data-Driven Culture
What you bring
- Deep understanding of statistical and predictive modelling concepts, machine learning approaches, clustering and classification techniques, and recommendation algorithms
- Confidence in solving complex analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- Unique blend of analytical, mathematical and technical skills
- Experience in analysing large complex, multi-dimensional datasets with a variety of tools
- Ability to draw conclusions from data and recommend actions
- High motivation and enjoyment to develop and promote your own products
- Outstanding communication skills including the ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical partners
- Good sense of humor
- Master or PhD degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. statistics, bioinformatics, computational biology, computer science, applied mathematics, or similar) or equivalent practical experience.
- Project experience with productive systems in the field of machine learning (2+ years)
- Experience with databases and scripting languages (such as Python).
- Software development experience: non-scripting languages, web, databases, deployment, version control, AWS, GPUs
- Fluent in English, German a plus
- We are home-office and remote work friendly, matched with flexible working hours. We don't track time, we trust our people
- Your personal growth is important to us. So you will have a personal, yearly budget for educational courses, conferences etc.
- Sunny, open offices in central locations in Berlin, Zurich, Belgrade & Tel Aviv.
- Yes, you get to travel there too.This includes a once per year budget to do so, even if there is no direct business reason.
- And of course, free drinks, coffee, etc. at the office
So, get in touch!
Doodle provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We believe that a diverse team makes for better products and a better workplace. Our team comes from all over the world (representing 20 nationalities) and from diverse backgrounds.
We look forward to your application
Denisa Fetahovic: Recruiter