The University Hospital Basel is one of the leading hospitals in Switzerland. Due to our intensive collaboration with the University of Basel and the proximity to several major international life science companies, we are optimally positioned within an innovative knowledge transfer network that operates at the highest level of research, teaching and patient care. With approximately 6'700 employees from 86 countries, we are fully committed to our work and meet the highest professional standards. Join our team – Because our jobs offer more than elsewhere.
The Swiss Transplant Cohort Study (STCS) is a nation-wide prospective multi-site cohort study funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation. The primary objective of the STCS is to provide long-term high-quality data for clinical research and outcome monitoring to ensure the quality of care for organ recipients in all transplantation centers in Switzerland.
- As a team member in the STCS Data Center the focus of this position is on performing bio-medical statistical analyses and data processing tasks to support STCS research groups in the conduct of their clinical research projects ("STCS nested projects")
- Accompany or support reseachers in various project steps like writing or reviewing project applications, preliminary data checks, CRF review
- Planning and conducting analyses, writing reports or manuscripts
- Collaborate with the central data management facilities at the STCS Data Center in the definition and set-up of a growing repository of pre-built analyses tables and in the definition and review of data quality checks
- Bachelor's or Master's degree or diploma in (bio)-statistics, data science or related area
- Good programming skills (R, SAS) and/or good knowledge of querying and processing data
- Clinical research experience of advantage
- Fluency in English, very good communications skills, at min. level C1
- Interest to work in an academic environment, enjoy close collaboration with small teams, open to discuss and implement new developments
- To collaborate in a complex project and to manage a variety of responsibilities in a rapidly developing multi-site cohort study
What we offer:
- Opportunity for PhD thesis
- Open-minded and multi-disciplinary academic work environment with the possibility to gain experience in the field of transplantation medicine
- Collaborate in multi-site data management activities
For further information please contact PD Dr. Michael Koller, Head of the STCS Data Center, Swiss Transplant Cohort Study, Telephone +41 61 328 67 37.
Mrs Margaretha Riegert, Departement Human Resources, is looking forward to receiving your application (Kennziffer 11765).
Candidate files submitted by recruitment agencies will not be considered for this position.